VS Note: I have two books in this bundle – STAR CRUISE OUTBREAK and PETS IN SPACE 5. You decide what to pay and how many books to get! Our PISA5 charity, Hero Dogs, has been selected as the beneficiary of a portion of the proceeds from this promo. This organization provides service dogs to veterans and first responders in need.
OUR HEROES SCI-FI BUNDLE
The hero is at the core of every great story—facing fierce foes, defying death, fighting for the greater good… The Our Heroes Sci-Fi StoryBundle celebrates the men and women who undertake an epic journey, sacrificing so that others may be spared pain and suffering.
Our collection features a robust range of science fiction books from subgenres ranging from space opera to time travel to galactic exploration. These novels have been handpicked based on their excellent reviews, professional editing and covers, and, of course, superior storytelling—all curated especially for you, our loyal readers.
Keeping with our heroic theme, a portion of our proceeds goes to benefit Hero-Dogs.org, a non-profit corporation that “improves quality of life for our nation’s heroes by raising, training, and placing service dogs and other highly skilled canines, free of charge with lifetime support of the partnerships.” – Melissa Snark
* * *
From Jason Chen: How It Works:
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- For the Greater Good by Greta van der Rol
- Pets in Space 5 edited by Pauline Baird Jones
- Command Decision by S.E. Smith
- Star Cruise: Outbreak by Veronica Scott
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular books, plus seven more! That’s 11 books total!
- The Caledonian Gambit by Dan Moren
- Central Galactic Concordance Boxed Set by Carol Van Natta
- Archangel Project by C. Gockel
- Apocalypse How? by Galen Surlak-Ramsey
- Abendau’s Heir by Jo Zebedee
- The Auriga Project by M.G. Herron
- One Two Punch by Pauline Baird Jones
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books, and .pdf for half of them!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Hero Dogs!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
She saved countless soldiers in the wars … but does she have the weapons to fight an outbreak?
Dr. Emily Shane, veteran of the interstellar Sector Wars, is known as “The Angel of Fantalar” for her bravery under fire as a medic. However, the doctor has her own war wounds–severe PTSD and guilt over those she failed to save.
Persuaded to fill a seemingly frivolous berth as ship’s doctor on the huge and luxurious interstellar cruise liner Nebula Zephyr, she finds the job brings unexpected perks–a luxe beach deck with water imported from Tahumaroa II, and Security Officer Jake Dilon, a fellow veteran who heats her up like a tropical sun.
However, Emily soon learns she and Jake didn’t leave all peril behind in the war. A mysterious illness aboard the Zephyr begins to claim victim after victim…and they must race against time and space to find the cause and a cure. Trapped on a ship no spaceport will allow to dock, their efforts are complicated by a temperamental princess and a terrorist–one who won’t hesitate to take down any being in the way of his target. If anyone’s left when the disease is through with them…